Sunday, August 27, 2006

Borrowed this idea from my friend Jill - a day in the life of Heidi....

4:00 - 4:30 wake up and get coffee ready, start first of my usual 6 loads

4:30 wake up hubby and the older boys for chores.

5:00 hang out 1st load of cloths and put another in - try to have a few minutes of sensable conversation with hubby.

5:30 hubby and boys leave for the barn I clean up coffee cups, make up beds, feed the cat, clean the bird cage. This lasts about an hour.....

6:45 get the boys up, fed breakfast, beds made, washed up for the day after eating and then they like to watch - The Littles....

7:30 Hang out second load of cloths and put in 3rd load.

8:00 Hubby calls and wants eggs, pancakes for breakfast. get breakfast started for 3 men over the age of 18.....(kill the fatted calf)

9:00 get everyone fed breakfast and get ready for church within an hour...dish's are left for when we get home.

10-11:30 church

11:30 get home from church clean up breakfast mess and get homemade pizza ready for lunch. hang out cloths and put in another load

1:00 clean up lunch mess put baby down for a nap, rest of the family takes a nap. I go pick the ripe tomato's in my garden.

2:30 have a cup of coffee, have another cup of coffee, another cup of coffee...how many was that? :) hang out cloths put in load

2:45 get family up and get the older boys and hubby off to the farm for evening chores and bailing hay..

3:00 mow the yard while baby rides in the tractor with hubby bailing big round bales. Yes it is safe, there is a cab on this tractor with a little seat for him...

4:30 get hamburger out of freezer for supper, dig some fresh potato's out of garden for supper. hang out cloths and take first 2 loads off line, put another load in.

4:45 start canning 8 quarts of stewed tomato's, cut up peppers from the garden and put them in the dehydrator for soup and chilli in the winter.

5:30 hang out cloths bring in all the ones that are dry and put in last load till they come home from the barn then I can start the piles all over for the next day!!

6:30 finish canning tomato's start this blog...

I still have to finish supper, give kids a bath, take off the last of the cloths, clean up supper and make somthing sweet to eat...

To be serious this is an average day for me - other than the canning, that I really enjoy. Thanks for the idea Jill - I had to write all of this down so I could remember what/when I did it...when does the me time come in again? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes girl... you need a vacation! Or at least a hot bath and a good book right? Maybe I should come out there to cheese country and give you a pedicure or something :)

Heide said...

I need a nap after just reading about your day! I LOVE farm life myself and I miss it dreadfully. I'd take a labor-filled day in the country over a city shopping trip any time... unless there was a yarn store, bookstore or lots of chocolate involved! I had accrued hundreds of canning jars during the past 8 years here. I packed up all of the jelly jars, a large case of the quarts and a few pints just for good measure and the rest were put out by the road with a free sign. They were snatched up within minutes. I'm glad that there are still others out there who can, dry and otherwise preserve their own foods. We have zucchini coming out our ears right now. I've still never worked up the nerve to use a pressure cooker though. My mom still cans all of her own meats, etc. so she uses one. They scare the crap out of me. Take care girl!